History

waterfront-bldg-prior-to-renovation

Over 100 years of History

The Waterfront building was built along the bank of the Arkansas river in 1900 as a warehouse and shipping exchange location. The building survived the flood of 1921, and was repurposed several times as a warehouse and retail business after the river was diverted through a levee system in a more flood proof part of town. When the river was re-channeled and the Historic Arkansas Riverwalk project began to take shape the building became a prime location but a daunting task to refurbish, so it sat empty for several years. That was the case until Dr. Rudy Padula had the vision to bring the building to life. He enlisted the talents of GKS Construction. Today it is the home of several elite local businesses as well as the city’s premiere venue for events.Waterfront-CAV